Aid for Illegals to Be Slashed
(RightWing.org) – Democrats at every level of government have jumped on the Wuhan virus pandemic as an excuse to hand taxpayers’ money to illegal immigrants. It’s not clear why they want to do this, but they keep trying. Now House and Senate Republicans are trying to stop this waste of cash.
The federal government’s stimulus checks – a massive cash injection intended to help workers and give the hard-hit US economy a boost – were, of course, only available to people who’re in the country legally. That seems to have annoyed a lot of leftists.
- Seattle City Council passed a resolution last week calling on Washington governor Jay Inslee to hand out $100 million to illegals in the state.
- Meanwhile, California has already allocated $75 million for illegals. Up to 5% of California’s population – around two million people – have no right to be there, but Governor Gavin Newsom (D) wants to hand them $500 each despite the state’s chronic budget problems.
- Now, Republicans in Congress are trying to put a stop to these programs, which just reward people for breaking our laws at the expense of real Americans. Bills are now lodged in both the House and Senate that, if passed, would cut off federal funding to states that give illegals handouts.
- The Senate moved first, with Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) introducing the “No Bailouts for Illegal Aliens Act” in early May. Now the House has followed suit, with Representative Steve Buck (R-CO) initiating a companion bill.
- Both bills aim to pressure states into stopping these handouts, by cutting off CARES Act funding to any state insisting on making payments to illegals. Cotton said, “Congress passed the CARES Act to help workers impacted by the China virus pandemic, not to give a handout to those who broke our immigration laws.”
- Republicans want to protect citizens and legal immigrants by not forcing them to subsidize payments for illegals. Neither bill will affect unemployment benefits or the federally-funded Paycheck Protection Programs.
- Dems are still trying to push their agenda. The latest stimulus bill passed by the House – but held up in the Senate – would give the next round of $1,200 stimulus checks to anyone with a tax ID number, where the first round used Social Security numbers. There’s only one reason for that change; to make illegals eligible for a share of our hard-earned tax dollars.
Copyright 2020, RightWing.org