Controversial Movie Cancelled After Public Outrage
Liberals like to blame conservatives, with our old-fashioned attachment to the US Constitution, for the mass shootings that plague our society. While we certainly do need to find out why some people go on lethal rampages against their fellow Americans, the Left probably won’t like the results. You see, some of them are far too keen on the idea of shooting people who don’t agree with them.
An upcoming Hollywood movie, billed as “satire,” has been canceled following the recent deadly shootings in El Paso and Dayton. An R-rated film, The Hunt depicts wealthy tourists shooting so-called “deplorables” — Trump voters — for sport, and it’s provoked a furious reaction.
- Last week’s Hollywood Reporter revealed that Universal Studios is “re-evaluating” — meaning panicking about — the Jason Blum thriller, which follows a dozen ordinary Americans who wake up in a forest clearing and realize they’re the victims of a sadistic game.
- The hunters, a group of wealthy thrill-seekers, openly call their victims “deplorables” — the insulting phrase coined by Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election campaign — and make hostile remarks about President Trump.
- The chief villain, played by Hillary Swank, says at one point “We pay for everything, so this country belongs to us” — a chilling echo of the arrogance shown by criminal elitists like Harvey Weinstein, a longtime Democrat supporter.
- Tim Young, who does actual political satire, said The Hunt clearly crosses the line of what’s acceptable. He told Fox News, “
Why would anyone think it’s a great idea to have a movie about hunting down someone who doesn’t agree with them politically? It’s remarkable to me that the Left blames Donald Trump’s rhetoric for violence, then literally spends millions to normalize the killing of people based on politics. We’re told over and over again by the Left, especially in Hollywood, that this country is more divided than ever and we need to come together… is this what they mean by it? Come together to murder your neighbors that you don’t agree with? This film is sick and shows just how hateful the Left has become.
- Dan Gainor, Vice President of the Media Research Center, said
This certainly shows Hollywood for what it really is — demented and evil. At a time when journalists try to blame President Trump for every act of violence in the world, wannabe Tinseltown terrorists are making sick murder fantasies about right-wingers.
- The growing backlash has now forced Universal to pull the movie. While senior executives wanted to stand by Blum (and get some return on the millions they’ve spent) public anger has forced them to back down. On Saturday Universal released a statement to Fox News confirming the planned September 27th release has been canceled. While it could still be released later or go straight to streaming, right now there are no plans for that.
Copyright 2019, RightWing.org