House Resolution Calls Omar “Anti-American”
(RightWing.org) – Representative Ilhan Omar (D-MN), part of the notorious “Squad” of radical congresswomen, has become the subject of a House resolution condemning her “anti-American” statements. The resolution, brought by a GOP congressman, is unlikely to make it past the House’s Dem majority – but it’s sure to focus the spotlight on Omar’s extreme ideas and apparent dislike of this country.
Omar has raised her profile recently with a series of provocative statements calling for the “dismantling” of the United States.
- On July 7, Omar told a press conference that “we can’t stop at criminal justice reform or police reform,” and said it was time to tear down almost every aspect of the US economy and culture – things she labeled as “systems of oppression.”
- Omar’s statements immediately attracted attention, with Donald Trump Jr tweeting Joe Biden to ask if he agreed with her.
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) July 7, 2020
- Senator Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) also condemned Omar’s comments, calling on her to resign and slamming her as a threat to democracy.
- Now, House Republicans are taking formal action against the Somali-born extremist. A resolution introduced Thursday by Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ) and co-sponsored by eight other GOP representatives makes a series of devastating accusations against Omar.
- The resolution lays out a history of what it calls “anti-American sentiments” expressed by Omar, starting with her support for an extreme socialist form of government that, Biggs says, is incompatible with the principles the US was founded on.
- After detailing Omar’s problematic statements, the resolution calls on the House to condemn those statements, condemn members of Congress who advocate Marxist policies and reaffirm its support for the US Constitution.
- Omar has tried to minimize her statements in the face of a powerful backlash. She claims her words were “amplified” by the Republican National Committee, and alleges that the GOP falsely accused her of wanting to “abolish” the US economy and government. In fact, her words clearly show her calling for dismantling the system and insisting the police “should not exist anymore.”
With the Democrats holding a majority in the House, there’s little chance of the resolution passing, but many moderate Democrats would probably like to vote for it. Joe Biden has already gone a long way to meeting the demands of the party’s left, and centrist Dems have to be worried about how even more extremism will play with American voters in November.
Copyright 2020, RightWing.org